Research is the foundation on which any solid science is built. This course will introduce you to research methodologies frequently used in the social sciences. It is important that you are able not only to identify the techniques used by others but also apply them yourself. The course is designed to provide you with the foundation you will need to apply certain techniques in the search for your own answers.
The Objective of this course to pay attention to the most important dimension of Research i.e. Research Methodology. It will enable the Researchers to develop the most appropriate methodology for their Research Studies. The mission of the course is to impart research skills to the beginners and help improve the quality of Research by the existing researchers.
Course Coordinator : Manichander Thammishetty
The course structure is designed in a way that the learning of Research Methodology will begin with an overview of how research, and its appropriate methodology, came about in science. We will then go over the ABCs of conducting research, learning how to define “variables” and why they are important. While this course will also touch upon statistics and their importance, it will not require a comprehensive knowledge of the subject. The course will conclude with a section on experiment results and the ways in which experimental design and statistics can be used to ensure certain results. By the end of this course, you should understand why research methodology is important in scientific research, be comfortable with reading methods and results sections of journal articles, and understand a range of different research methods.
The Participants of the Course will start the course by reading the provided literature at the end of the course they will find themselves equipped enough to author a book or two themselves.
• Distinguish between experimental and non-experimental research, and draw appropriate conclusions from each
• Design qualitative and quantitative research to solve real-world problems
• Choose effective measures of psychological variables based on reliability and validity information
• Interpret and critique research
• Design effective surveys
• Apply ethical principles to research design
• Identify appropriate statistical analyses for various research designs
• Apply the key features of science to the discipline of the paper
• Describe the parts of a research report
• List the key ethical guidelines governing research
• Define reliability and validity for research measures
• List and define the three primary research designs used for research
In order to take this course scholars must:
• Have access to a computer
• Have continuous broadband Internet access
• Have the ability/permission to install plug-ins or software (e.g., Adobe Reader or Flash)
• Have the ability to download and save files and documents to a computer
• Have the ability to open Microsoft files and documents (.doc, .ppt, .xls, etc.)
• Be competent in the English language
• A person having degree in any faculty.
• Graduation with any stream.
Duration : Duration will be of 3 months.
Course Fees : Course fee is for Indian Rs.5000/- and 100 USD for Overseas Professionals.